Please contact Anne Beaudreau to request electronic copies of publications.
Peer-reviewed articles (student author, * graduate advisee)
- Anderson SC, Ward EJ, Shelton AO, Adkison MA, Beaudreau AH, Brenner RE, Haynie AC, Shriver JC, Watson JT, Williams BC (2017) Benefits and risks of diversification for individual fishers. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. doi: 10.1073/pnas.1702506114
- Whitney EJ*, Beaudreau AH, Duncan DH* (2017) Spatial and temporal variation in the diets of Pacific staghorn sculpins related to hydrological factors in a glacially-influenced estuary. Transactions of the American Fisheries Society 146(6): 1156-1167
- Chan MN*, Beaudreau AH, Loring PA (2017) Evaluating patterns and drivers of spatial change in the recreational guided fishing sector in Alaska. PLOS ONE 12(6): e0179584. Available online: https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0179584
- Whitney EJ*, Beaudreau AH, Howe ER (2017) Using stable isotopes to assess the contribution of terrestrial and riverine organic matter to diets of nearshore marine consumers in a glacially influenced estuary. Estuaries and Coasts. doi: 10.1007/s12237-017-0260-z
- Figus E, Carothers C, Beaudreau AH (2017) Using local ecological knowledge to inform fisheries assessment: measuring agreement among Polish fishermen about the abundance and condition of Baltic cod (Gadus morhua). ICES Journal of Marine Science 74(8): 2213-2222
- Coutré KM*, Beaudreau AH, Courtney D, Mueter FJ, Malecha PW, Rutecki TL (2017) Vertical movements of juvenile sablefish in coastal Southeast Alaska. Marine and Coastal Fisheries 9(1):161-169
- Richardson N*, Beaudreau AH, Wipfli MS, Finkle H (2017) Prey partitioning and use of insects by juvenile sockeye salmon and a potential competitor, threespine stickleback, in Afognak Lake, Alaska. Ecology of Freshwater Fish 26(4): 586-601. doi:10.1111/eff.12302
- Gray BP, Norcross BL, Beaudreau AH, Blanchard AL, Seitz AC (2016) Food habits of Arctic staghorn sculpin (Gymnocanthus tricuspis) and shorthorn sculpin (Myoxocephalus scorpius) in the northeastern Chukchi and western Beaufort Seas. Deep-Sea Research II 135: 111-123
- Wechter ME, Beckman BR, Andrews AG, Beaudreau AH, McPhee MV (2016) Growth and condition of juvenile chum and pink salmon in the northeastern Bering Sea. Deep-Sea Research II 135: 145-155
- Beaudreau AH, Whitney EJ* (2016) Historical patterns and drivers of spatial changes in recreational fishing activity in Puget Sound, Washington. PLoS ONE 11(4): e0152190. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0152190. Available online: http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0152190
- Gray BP, Norcross BL, Blanchard AL, Beaudreau AH, Seitz AC (2015) Variability in the summer diets of juvenile polar cod (Boreogadus saida) in the northeastern Chukchi and western Beaufort Seas. Polar Biology 39(6): 1069-1080
- Ulman SEG, Hollmen T, Brewer R, Beaudreau AH (2015) Predation on seabirds by Pacific cod Gadus macrocephalus near the Aleutian Islands, Alaska. Marine Ornithology 43: 231-233
- Coutre KM*, Beaudreau AH, Malecha PW (2015) Temporal variation in diet composition and use of pulsed resource subsidies by juvenile Sablefish. Transactions of the American Fisheries Society 144(4): 807-819
- O’Neel S, Hood E, Bidlack A, Fleming SW, Arimitsu ML, Arendt A, Burgess E, Sergeant CJ, Beaudreau AH, Timm K, Hayward GD, Reynolds JH, Pyare S (2015) Icefield‐to‐ocean linkages across the northern Pacific coastal temperate rainforest ecosystem. Bioscience 65(5): 499-512
- Sawchuk JH, Beaudreau AH, Tonnes D, Fluharty D (2015) Using stakeholder engagement to inform endangered species management and improve conservation. Marine Policy 54: 98-107
- Froehlich HE, Hennessey SM, Essington TE, Beaudreau AH, Levin PS (2015) Spatial and temporal variation in nearshore macrofaunal community structure in a seasonally hypoxic estuary. Marine Ecology Progress Series 520: 67-83
- Ciannelli L, Hunsicker M, Beaudreau A, Bailey K, Crowder LB, Finley C, Webb C, Reynolds J, Sagmiller K, Anderies JM, Hawthorne D, Parrish J, Heppell S, Conway F, Chigbu P (2014) Transdisciplinary graduate education in marine resource science and management. ICES Journal of Marine Science 71(5): 1047-1051
- Beaudreau AH, Levin PS (2014) Advancing the use of local ecological knowledge for assessing data‐poor species in coastal ecosystems. Ecological Applications 24(2): 244-256
- Froehlich HE, Essington TE, Beaudreau AH, Levin PS (2014) Movement patterns and distributional shifts of Dungeness crab (Metacarcinus magister) and English sole (Parophrys vetulus) during seasonal hypoxia. Estuaries and Coasts 37: 449-460
- Quinn TP, Sergeant CJ, Beaudreau AH, Beauchamp DA (2012) Spatial and temporal patterns of vertical distribution for three planktivorous fishes in Lake Washington. Ecology of Freshwater Fish 21: 337-348
- Beaudreau AH, Levin PS, Norman KC (2011) Using folk taxonomies to understand stakeholder perceptions for species conservation. Conservation Letters 4: 451-463
- Andrews KS, Beckman BR, Beaudreau AH, Larsen DA, Williams GD, Levin PS (2011) Suitability of insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF1) as a measure of relative growth rates in lingcod. Marine and Coastal Fisheries 3(1): 250-260
- Beaudreau AH, Essington TE (2011) Use of pelagic prey subsidies by demersal predators in rocky reefs: insight from movement patterns of lingcod. Marine Biology 158: 471-483
- Beaudreau AH, Andrews KS, Larsen DA, Young G, Beckman BR (2011) Variation in plasma levels of insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) in lingcod: relationships among season, size, and gonadal steroids. Marine Biology 158: 439-450
- Beaudreau AH, Essington TE (2009) Development of a new field-based approach for estimating consumption rates of fishes and comparison with a bioenergetics model for lingcod (Ophiodon elongatus). Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences 66(4): 565-578
- Beaudreau AH, Essington TE (2007) Spatial, temporal, and ontogenetic patterns of predation on rockfishes by lingcod. Transactions of the American Fisheries Society 136:1438-1452
- Essington TE, Beaudreau AH, Weidenmann J (2006) Fishing through marine food webs. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 103(9): 3171-3175
- Mullineaux LS, Mills SW, Sweetman AK, Beaudreau AH, Metaxas A, Hunt HL (2005) Vertical, lateral, and temporal structure in larval distributions at hydrothermal vents. Marine Ecology Progress Series 293: 1-16
- Beaudreau AH (2011) Chapter 1. Physical Forcing in the California Current. In: Levin, P.S. and B. Wells, eds. Development of an annual report on conditions in the California Current Ecosystem. NOAA Fisheries Service, Northwest Fisheries Science Center, 2725 Montlake Blvd East, Seattle, WA 98112.
- Beaudreau A†, Boulay M, Cooper A, Demarest C, Jacobson L, Keith C, Kellogg C, Martini F, Nippert S, Powell M, Smith T (2003) Atlantic hagfish advisory report for the 37th Northeast Regional Stock Assessment Workshop. In Northeast Fisheries Science Center (NEFSC). 2003. 37th Northeast Regional Stock Assessment Workshop (37th SAW) Advisory Report. NEFSC Ref. Doc. 03-17. National Marine Fisheries Service, Woods Hole Lab., 166 Water St., Woods Hole, MA 02543. 52 pp. †Lead author, additional authors listed alphabetically.
Beaudreau AH (2009) The predatory role of lingcod (Ophiodon elongatus) in the San Juan Archipelago, Washington. Ph.D. Dissertation, School of Aquatic and Fishery Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle, WA.